Download and Installation
Setting Up Mozilla Mail
Security Features of Mozilla Mail
SMTP Double Check
Adjusting the Interface
Adding Attachments to Email
Setting Up an Additional Email Account
Creating a Signature
Junk Mail Filters
Filtering Junk or Spam in iSchool
Evaluate this tutorial
Download Adobe Reader
9 - Junk Mail Filters
Mozilla mail can sort and filter unwanted emails, but first you have
to train it. To do so, you will use the Junk mail button at the left of
the subject column:
1. Select the unwanted message and mark it as junk by clicking
on the aforementioned junk mail button.
2. A screen may pop up that informs you how Mozilla Mail finds and scores
junk mail. Mozilla Mail will automatically detect messages it believes
are junk mail, and, once it is trained, Mozilla Mail can automatically
remove incoming junk mail to the Junk folder.
3. Go to Tools to the Junk Mail Controls panel.
4. Be sure to Enable junk mail controls and Do Not mark
messages as junk mail if the sender is in my address book.
5. If you would like Mozilla to automatically move your emails into
a designated Junk mail folder, select the option to Move incoming
messages determined to be junk mail to a local folder in your account.
6. If you would like to manually mark your messages as Junk, you may
choose to also move them into a Junk folder or to simply delete them.
7. Once again, in Tools, select Run Junk Mail Controls
– watch as your unwanted messages are carted off to rest in peace
in the Junk Folder.
Be sure that you take time, however, to train your Junk mail filter
so that it removes only unwanted messages. You may not want to have
Mozilla automatically delete messages it thinks are junk until you are
certain that it works.
IMPORTANT- It is a very good idea to look at your
Junk folder on a regular basis, to make sure that those important emails
from your professor are not getting labeled as junk….in spite
of what you and Mozilla might think of them….
Watch the video