CARE Counselor at the School of Information
CARE (Counselors in Academic Residence) is a program of the Counseling and Mental Health Center (CMHC) that places a counselor onsite in colleges across the university to help make it easier for students to get support. CARE counselors also provide information and consultations to faculty and staff. CARE services are confidential.
CARE offers the following:
- Short-term individual counseling sessions (8)
- Workshops and Seminars
- Education about mental health issues for staff, faculty, and students
- Streamlined referral process to mental health professionals in the Austin community
Common reasons student seek a CARE referral:
Bryce Moffett, LCSW - CARE Counselor at the School of Information
Office: UTA 5.306
In person office hour: Mondays from 2:30-3:30 PM
Phone: (512) 232-4449
Request an Appointment: Call the CMHC at (512) 471-3515 and request a CARE appointment with Bryce.
If you are a faculty or staff member and would like to talk about your concerns for a student, you can contact the CARE Counselor for guidance. For example, if you’ve observed a student in distress or you’re wondering how to check-in with a student, you can schedule a consultation with the counselor to discuss how to support the student.
- UT Crisis Line is open 24/7: 512-471-2255
- Counseling and Mental Health Center (5th floor, SSB): 512-471-3515
- Behavior Concerns Advice Line: 512-232-5050
- Student Emergency Services: 512-471-5017
- Inclusive Campus Support
- UT's MInd Body Lab
- The Thrive at UT app
- Counseling Groups at UT Austin