A certificate of Endorsement of Specialization formally recognizes that a student has created a program of concentrated study within the basic 36 semester credit hours required of the Master of Science in Information Studies. The MSIS curriculum offers any number of options for students to craft a concentration or specialization once they have completed their required courses.
Suggested Areas of Study
- User Experience (UX) Research
- User Experience (UX) Design
- Digital Humanities
- Data Curation
- Preservation Administration
- Collections Care
- Records Management
- Academic Librarianship
- Public Librarianship
- Youth Services Librarianship
- Data Analysis
- Data Science
- Human-Centered Data Science
- Applied Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Statistical Modeling and Data Science
- Health Informatics
Application & Curriculum Requirements
- Candidate must be an enrolled iSchool MSIS student
- Complete EOS Proposal Form (PDF)
- Plan and complete (12) semester credit hours of cohesive study centered on desired specialization. Lower-division courses cannot be applied.
- Program must be approved by individual faculty advisor.
- Submit EOS Completion Form in the last two weeks of the student's final semester (PDF)