Dr. Ciaran B. Trace, Assistant Professor, School of Information
Peer Reviwed Articles
- Ciaran B. Trace and Luis Francisco-Revilla, "The Value and Complexity of Collection Arrangement for Evidentiary Work," forthcoming in Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology (2014).
- Ciaran B. Trace, "Information in Everyday Life: Boys’ and Girls’ Agricultural Clubs as Sponsors of Literacy, 1900-1920," forthcoming in Information and Culture: A Journal of History (49) 3 (2014).
- Ciaran B. Trace and Andrew Dillon, "The Evolution of the Finding Aid in the United States: From Physical to Digital Document Genre," Archival Science 12 (4) (2012): 501-519.
- Ciaran B. Trace and Carlos Ovalle, "Archival Reference and Access: Syllabi and a Snapshot of the Archival Canon," The Reference Librarian (53) (2012): 1-19.
- Ciaran B. Trace, "Beyond the Magic to the Mechanism: Computers, Materiality and What it Means for Records to Be 'Born Digital,'" Archivaria 72 (Fall 2011): 5-27.
- Charlotte P. Lee and Ciaran B. Trace, "The Role of Information in a Community of Hobbyist Collectors," Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology 60 (3) (2009): 621-637.
- Ciaran B. Trace, "Resistance and the Underlife: Informal Written Literacies and their Relationship to Human Information Behavior," Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology 59 (10) (2008): 1540-1554.
- Ciaran B. Trace, "Information Creation and the Notion of Membership," Journal of Documentation 63 (1) (January 2007): 142-163.
- Ciaran B. Trace, "For Love of the Game: An Ethnographic Analysis of Archival Reference Work," Archives and Manuscripts 34 (1) (May 2006): 124-143.
- Ciaran B. Trace, "What is Recorded is Never Simply 'What Happened:' Record-keeping in Modern Organizational Culture," Archival Science: International Journal of Recorded Information 2 (1) (2002): 137 - 159.
Peer Reviewed Conference Proceedings
- Ciaran B. Trace and Unmil Karadkar, “Technological Devices in the Archives: A Policy Analysis,” proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Asia-Pacific Digital Libraries (ICADL 2013), Bangalore, India. December 9-11, 2013, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) 8279, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, pp. 35-44.
- Luis Francisco-Revilla and Ciaran B. Trace, “Enhancing Evidentiary Work through the Lens of Human Centered Computing” in proceedings of the Society of American Archivists, Research Forum (SAA 2013), New Orleans, LA. August 2013.
- Loriene Roy, Ciaran B. Trace, and Sarah Gilbert, “‘Indigenous Ways’: Assessing the Awareness of and Potential Need for Identifying Content on Indigenous Worldview in Educating Libraries/Archives/Museum (LAM) Entry Level Professionals” in proceedings of the World Library and Information Congress: IFLA General Conference and Assembly, (August 17-23, 2013).
- Jeff Crow, Luis Francisco-Revilla, April Norris, Shilpa Shukla, and Ciaran B. Trace, "A Unique Arrangement: Organizing Collections for Digital Libraries, Archives, and Repositories" in International Conference on Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries (TPDL 2012). Paphos, Cyprus. September 23-27, 2012, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) 3232, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, pp. 335-344. Acceptance rate: 23%.
- Ciaran B. Trace, "Documenting Work and Working Documents: Perspectives from Workplace Studies, CSCW, and Genre Studies," Proceedings of the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2011.
- Ciaran B. Trace, "On or Off the Record? Notions of Value in the Archive," in Currents of Archival Thinking, eds. Terry Eastwood and Heather MacNeil (Santa Barbara, Calif.: Libraries Unlimited, 2010): 47-68.
- Ciaran B. Trace, "The Significance of the 'Humdrum Elements of Human Existence:' an Exploration of the Role of Records in Everyday Life," in Archives and Archivists (Dublin: Four Courts Press, 2006): 200-212.
Peer Reviwed Confernce Posters
- Unmil Karadkar and Ciaran B. Trace, "Mobile Device Policies in Archives Reading Rooms," forthcoming in the Proceedings of the 76th Annual Conference of the Association for Information Science & Technology (ASIST' 13). Montreal, CA, November 1-6, 2013.
- Contact Information:
The University of Texas at Austin
School of Information
1616 Guadalupe Suite #5.202
Austin, TX 78701-1213