PCS Home News & Events Academics Admissions People Facilities Resources FAQs

 GSLIS Links
Career Services

 Site Tools
How to print this page

 UT Home


Frequently Asked Questions about PCS

School of Information > Programs > PCS > FAQs

What is the relationship between Preservation and Conservation Studies and the School of Information?
PCS is one of several programs offered through School of Information at the University of Texas at Austin. PCS students are enrolled in the School of Information and share many classes with other School of Information students. All School of Information students are encouraged to enroll in PCS classes and to take advantage of the faculty expertise and resources available at PCS.

Whom do I contact if I have admission questions?
General information questions about admission to PCS may be directed to Ann Seago by email or by telephone at (512) 471-8290.

General information questions about admission to School of Information should be directed to info@ischool.utexas.edu.

For questions regarding admission to the Graduate School at the University of Texas at Austin, please consult the Graduate Catalog or the Office of Graduate Studies Web site.

To check the status of an application, visit the Graduate and International Admissions Center Web site.

Be sure also to consult the PCS Admissions and the School of Information Admissions Web pages for more information.

Where are preservation and conservation classes held?
Where are the PCS offices located?

Classes meet in the PCS labs and classrooms located in the Collections Deposit Library (CDL) in the southeast quadrant of the UT-Austin campus at the intersection of Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard and Red River Street. PCS administrative and faculty offices also are located here. A map of the area and information about nearby parking are available.

Are there scholarships and other funding opportunities available through PCS?
Two sets of scholarships are awarded directly to PCS students, the Carolyn Hixson Harris Endowed Presidential Scholarship and Academic Competitive Scholarships, which between them normally provide six awards each year. Like all School of Information students, applicants to the PCS program wishing to be considered for scholarships should be sure to visit the Fellowships and Scholarships Web page, or to contact Marion Scheick, Awards Coordinator, by email or by telephone at (512) 471-2608.

The UT-Austin Office of Student Financial Services can assist applicants with questions regarding financial aid.

Is job placement assistance available to PCS students?
PCS students benefit from the assistance offered by the GSLIS Career Services Office. This department conducts résumé and job interview workshops as well as hosts résumés online and a Professional JobWeb for School of Information students and alumni.

Is it possible to enroll as a part-time student?
Preservation students may pursue their degree on a part-time basis. The sequencing of conservation courses requires that conservation students enroll on a full-time basis only.

PCS Home | News & Events | Academics | Admissions | People | Facilities | Resources | FAQs
Contact PCS
mail UT-Austin, 1 University Station D7000, Austin, TX   78712
phone  512.471.8290
fax  512.471.8285
email  pcs@ischool.utexas.edu

School of Information Program Info: info@ischool.utexas.edu
Website Info: www@ischool.utexas.edu
Last Updated: February 19, 2003
© School of Information
The University of Texas at Austin