We are hiring for the following positions:
Seeking a web developer to create and deploy websites related to our research group on the cloud (e.g., Microsoft Azure).
TO APPLY, EMAIL DANNA GURARI at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Names and contact information for two references
- Approximately 5-10 hours per week for the Spring semester
- You will be in charge of helping to redesign, implementing, and deploying websites on the cloud. All material will have to be accessible using a screen reader. The websites will need to support efficient search functionality (e.g., improving upon this website). If successful, this position can grow into developing other resources for our research group such as interactive website templates to support crowdsourcing.
JOB SKILLS REQUIRED
- Proficient in programming languages (such as Python, Java, or C++)
- Reliable: complete work on time or pro-actively communicate when you will not be able to complete the work; more about how to be reliable at this link
- Strong communication skills: pro-actively verify you understand the expectations and share about the status of your progress
- Persistence: keep searching to find solutions to overcome challenges, pro-actively developing your abilities to ensure the completion of end-products
- Attitude: take ownership over your work and seek to constantly learn
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Access to a mentor at the iSchool (Danna Gurari) which will enable Gurari to offer stronger letters of recommendation for future positions you apply to in your career
- Professional experience to include on your resume