This is a Web site for Mr. John W. berry's ALA Presidential Taksforce
on Equity of Access.
1. Goals of Site
- Provide historical and contemporary information about Equity of Access
issues and efforts in LIS Support learning and sharing information about
technology for ALA members.
- Encourage personal research about Equity of Access/Digital Inclusion.
Be a valuable resource used ALA members, and others.
2. People involved with this project
- Dr. Loriene Roy
Graduate School of Library and Information Science
The The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78712-1276
tel: (512) 471-3959 fax: (512) 471-3971
- Students in the fall 2001 "Public Libraries" class contributed
content on the history of ALA and exemplary public libraries projects
related to the digital divide.
- Students in the spring 2002 "Information Resources in the Social
Sciences" class contributed content related to competencies, funding
sources and key variables such as age, race,and accessibility regarding
equity of access and digital divide.
- Graduate Student- Independent
Spring 2002, Summer 2002
- Graduate Student- Independent Study
Holly L. Smith
This site best viewed with a monitor setting of 800 * 600 and Internet