Mozilla is an open source suite of applications used for web browsing,
email, or creating html pages. PC World Magazine called Mozilla the “best
browser of 2003.”
1. Find the Mozilla installer on the Desktop – double click on
the installer and follow the instructions to install Mozilla on your
computer. Be sure to close all other open programs. Note the long integer
after the version number (Mozilla constantly updates its software) and
the license – this is a public license, which differs from Microsoft
products and other closed source software.
2. You will be asked what type of installation you would prefer –
Browser only, Complete, or Custom. To install
the web browser, email, and html editing components of Mozilla, select
the Complete install and click Next.
3. On the following screen, select the Quick Launch to allow
Mozilla to start faster. Click Next.
4. On the following screen, review the components you are about to
install and click Next.
5. Begin the installation by clicking Install, and allow Mozilla to
install on your computer. After the installation, you will be asked
if you would like to set Mozilla as your default browser –
we recommend that you click yes.
6. The Mozilla homepage will appear. Everything that you could do
with Internet Explorer, you can do with Mozilla – plus a whole
7. Inspect the buttons at the bottom left corner of the webpage screen.
The one we wlll using in this tutorial is the envelope Mozilla Mail