Office Supplies: pens, pencils, stationery, manila folders, tapes, staples…
Due to a contractual agreement with the university, all office supplies must be purchased through TODAY’s Business Solutions.
To submit your requests for new office supplies:
- Log into UT Market (EID Required), click TODAY”S Business Solution, look for the items you need, place them in a cart, and assign the cart to Pat Reichenbach.
- Contact Pat Reichenbach via e-mail or in person. You may also write down your office supplies order in the TODAY'S Business Solutions Order Form available in UTA 5.52, where ordinary office supplies are kept. Orders are placed every other week to minimize delivery.
Please do not purchase standard office supplies using your own funds. You will not be reimbursed.
Non-Office Supplies: computer equipment, software, hardware, books, services provided by a company...
To request non-office supply items to be purchased, please shop UT Market or contact Aaron Ulmer via e-mail or in person.
It is recommended that you check with the IT Helpdesk first for software, computer and computer related equipment, for compatibility and licensing issues.
To ensure timely processing of your order, please submit your request to Aaron Ulmer weeks in advance.
- Order with a value of $15,000 or less can be purchased quickly. Please submit your request at least three to five business days in advance. Depending on the vendor, nature and value of the order, we will either use the departmental procurement card to acquire the goods or process a purchase order.
- Order with a value of $15,000.01 to $50,000 requires that we solicit a minimum of three informal bids/quotes from at least one ethnic minority-owned business and one woman-owned business when available. Please submit your request at least five to ten business days in advance. Allow additional time for final approval by UT Purchasing Office and for delivery.
- Order with a value greater than $50,000 requires formal competitive bids/quotes solicited by the UT Purchasing Office. It takes several weeks to complete the formal bidding process, and issue a purchase order.
For more information on UT Austin Purchasing guidelines and procedures, please visit UT Purchasing Office.
Common causes of processing delays include: use of a vendor not already set up in the UT Vendor database, missing order information, and use of federal funds.
Please contact iSchool Finance Manager if you have any questions or concerns.
Professional Services, Consulting...
Prior approval through an Authorization for Professional (Individual) Services form (APS) or PBS (Electronic version of the APS form) is required for one-time, short-term, or sporadic services provided by an individual or unincorporated sole proprietor when payments are anticipated to total $25,000 or less in any fiscal year.
The nature, scope, and frequency of the services provided will determine if the individual providing the services will be treated as an independent contractor or a short term casual employee.
Please contact Ida Rahnamai, (512) 471-8290, for assistance in getting required paperwork completed and signed. All forms must be approved prior to the performance of the services.
Current iSchool faculty and staff cannot be paid through APS within the iSchool for services that are considered part of normal duties.
More information on Payments for Professional Services is available in this APS Procedures Document.
Please complete the Amazon Mechanical Turk Request Form (PDF) if you are interested in using this service.