Join the UT Austin School of Information for a virtual, moderated panel conversation that centers the lived experiences of being a memory worker in Texas communities. Panelists will discuss navigating the predominantly white libraries and archives fields and how they center communities in their work. All are welcome!
- Moderator: Adriana Cásarez - US Studies Liaison Librarian, UT Austin
- Alan Garcia - Community Archivist, ATX Barrio Archive & Exhibition Specialist, George Washington Carver Center
- Ayshea Khan - Asian American Community Archivist, Austin History Center
- Laura Tadena - Equity and Inclusion Consultant, Texas State Libraries and Archives Commission (TSLAC)
- Rachel Winston - Black Diaspora Archivist, UT Austin