INF 322T - Children's Literature
Evaluation, selection, and proper and creative use of books and other media with children. Three lecture hours a week for one semester. Information Studies 322T and 322W may not both be counted.
Children’s Literature (INF 322T) is a survey course in the evaluation, selection, and proper and creative use of books and other media with children ages 0 to 14.
In this course, students will engage in extensive reading of children's books to:
- develop their capacity to critically read, analyze, and respond to a diverse body of literature
- identify and evaluate the elements of various genres of children’s literature
- apply knowledge of children, their development, and interests to the selection and recommendation of appropriate literature
- apply knowledge of selection and evaluation criteria to books created for children
- choose and create activities to use in the K-8 classroom to extend children's knowledge and appreciation for literature